Friday, October 14, 2011

Surprise moment

You can plan all you want, but often that moment of super taste comes like a surprise.

Fridays are the days I always allow my self moments of luxury. Today I'm looking forward to dinner with family members, a walk in the sun, delicious coffee with a tiny piece of chocolate on the side (I'm actually enjoying that right now, while writing this).This morning, though, served me a surprise moment of great taste.

My husbands alarm clock woke me up at seven. He decided to snooze for half an hour, but I was suddenly very awake. As the first rays of morning sun reached the window pane, I sneaked out of our bedroom, leaving my husband and our three months old son, sleeping, more or less peacefully.

Barefoot on cold floors, I brewed some dark roast coffee and lit all the candles I could find in the kitchen and living room area. The lavishness of that moment of silence, together with the smell of coffee, the warmth of candle lights and my bare feet finding cozy loafers, I think will be enough silent happiness for the rest of the day. The moment tasted like dark roasted, round coffee with some cold, rich, slightly vanilla flavored whipped cream on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment