Thursday, October 20, 2011

Important impulses

Some impulses are more important than other. For instance, when my first nephew ever, was born last night and my impulse told me to go all the way to Denmark to see him, I ruled it as an important impulse, and did just that - went on a trip to Denmark to see him - the trip it self being a huge bonus.

Now, I'm in a car with my travel loving, always impulsive father and my three months old son. Feeling those tingling expectations of all the worlds untravelled trips, untasted, local specialities, unravelled secrets and unseen faces. I'm trying to make my son fall asleep in his car seat, but he seems to have inherited my need to observe the changing scene outside, and is taking in the view with red tired eyes.

The world is hurrying in the opposite direction outside the car window, and the colour drained fall scene seems a bit more colourful than usual. The taste of a trip like this is the tastes of all the worlds spices - the Tea Menthe of Morocco, the Indian Korma and the Italian pasta Bolognese. I just can't get enough of it. Tasting and observing is life, and I really love it. So, Thank God for those important impulses!



No comments:

Post a Comment