Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The salvation of a foggy morning

I plowed myself, through the fog, to work this morning. It's not more than a couple of hundred meters from the parking lot to the office, but it felt like a mile made entirely up of heavy. The entire morning was just filled with a drowsiness that could be compared only with flu-infested, moist cotton.

I brewed a cup of herbal tea (coffee was just too heavy !), checked my inbox and wrote a couple of mails. The otherwise beautiful and fantastically light Apple keyboard had keys made out of stone this day.

As I picked up the barely touched teacup and wandered upstairs to a meeting, the day just couldn't get any heavier. I sat down in my coworkers beautifully lit office and put the teacup down on what begun to save my day - a beautiful, newly printed table (yes, we make designs and print them on for instance tables). It smelled amazing, looked fabulous and felt like a newly prepped downhill slope.

Now, I didn't actually taste it, but I can't help feeling the taste and consistence of crisp-bread with cream cheese in my mouth when thinking about the tabletop. And crisp-bread with cream cheese was just what this day needed to come a bit closer to balance.

So there you are - the taste of a newly printed tabletop on a very foggy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment