Monday, October 17, 2011

Laziness

I'm going to tell you about laziness, and I can say this already - it tastes like buttered popcorn.

It's not like I want to glorify it - neither popcorn or laziness. If I sit down too much, I actually get depressed (I'm sure too much popcorn also makes you depressed), but on the other hand, if I don't sit down once in a while, I get obsessed, and obsession leads to craziness, and that, Im sure, leads to depression - at least in my world. So balance, or this moment of laziness, is strictly necessary for my own saneness.

I'm bundling up in the sofa, picking a nice movie from our apple TV, listening to my husband popping those delicious popcorns in the kitchen. The dishes keeps sitting on the kitchen counter, wishing for shinier days, and I'm sure a thousand dust dots are playing hide and seek, just waiting in excitement for the vacuum cleaner to show up. But they'll be there, hiding, tomorrow as well.

The thought of all the cleaning, washing and fixing is drowned in the faint sound of the sizzling, boiling butter. This evening has been reserved by mr Laziness and I - and the taste of popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment