Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Shower, bread and cheese

Yesterday night I was totally exhausted after virtually no sleep the night before (caused by my son, who, as his pyjamas says, is "never to small to rock" - he does that in his sleep), followed by a long day at work and an afternoon of endless housekeeping.

After having boiled bottles, washed baby bodies and cleaned the bathroom and the bedroom floor, I left my son and husband enjoying each others company in the livingroom and escaped into the bathroom.

You know the wonderful taste of a simple buttered slice of bread with Jarlsberg cheese on top when you're really hungry? The shower I took yesterday tasted like that. Warm water sprinkled down my tired body, washing away the heaviest exhaustion, allowing both body and mind to relax. It made the world feel clean, quiet and simple.

Stepping out of the shower and into a towel and a bathroom wrapped in by vanilla scented candles, I felt like the queen - having enjoyed the most delicious gourmet meal, but at the same time realising I was actually full - satisfied by something simple as a slice of bread with cheese.

Slipping into bed that evening - dozy after the hot shower and tired after the rest of the day, was just amazing. I think I fell asleep before my head hit the pillow and dreamt of flying cheese slices, floating in the air over a waterfall of deliciously hot water.

No comments:

Post a Comment