Saturday, October 22, 2011

Lightness of new

New has a certain 'featheriness' attached to it. This weekend I got to visit a (to me) new town and observe new life, brought to the world by my brother, who now has a new title. So far I haven't had the opportunity to put anything bad on these, to my world, new elements. Århus is a beautiful town, with nice people, lovely cafés and beautiful architecture, my brother is the perfect, considerate father, and my nephew is the most beautiful, innocent little boy.

I thought about this a little. This is maybe why I like to travel so much. You very seldom get to see the heavier sides of new places when you stay there for only a short time. A little featheriness in your life once in a while is nice - to smooth out the sharp edges of your otherwise so realistic, and from time to time, heavy world.

I don't mean to paint my everyday life black. It isn't. The sharp edges in life is actually a source of enjoyment. Pretty hadn't existed without ugly. The contrast is what makes me able to "measure up" the reality. Sharp stuff are the elements in my world that has had a reaction to some of its counterparts in the world, and therefor "gained some weight" in my head. These things are clearer and more available than the feathery elements of the world. The bumps and edges are parts of what makes the sharper elements so heartbreaking beautiful.

Today I'm celebrating lightness though. It tastes like freshly made lemonade on a summers day. Is just as refreshing, sweet and light - with just a bit of sour.


The lightness of a baby smile before falling asleep in a soft hotel bed

No comments:

Post a Comment