Thursday, October 27, 2011

Rubber boots

Having endured both cloudy and frosty days this fall, I almost screamed with delight when I thought I saw a raindrop this morning. Me, farmers and kids wanting to jump in puddles are probably the only ones loving this kind of weather right now. I'm otherwise not famous for liking rain at all. Rain on my face an in my hair is just not nice, but rain on my feet when I've got my lovely, new wellingtons on, is more than ok.

I debated with my self wether I was to buy a couple of expensive, all ready pimped boots, or a couple of cheaper ones, that I could pimp myself. I landed on the last alternative. In my closet there is now a small container filled with colourful ribbons that I use on my wellingtons (ooo, I love that word for rubber boots), changing them according to my mood, making the rubber boots extra magic.

I love the feeling of my feet slipping into them. It's like eating deliciously seasoned mashed potatoes. The boots are comfortable and roomy and the toes have just enough room to dance a bit. Every time I put the wellingtons on, I think I hear them promising me adventure, and I get the feeling I can endure any encounter with dragons or what ever shady characters fate decides to dump on me.

When I finally went out for a walk today, it had stopped raining, but the road was filled with puddles. I made sure i walked straight into most of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment