Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Buying happiness? - yes you can

When the fall air has drained the nature for colours, I very often feel just a little bit drained myself. Even if I generally don't love the snow, I find my self waiting for the first flakes to appear. One of these too dark fall days, it has to come and put som lightness and sparkle into the everyday life.

To make my waiting a bit less desperate I bought myself some happiness the other day. It is probably the only colourful plant that survives the frost nights of the fall - and the colour itself is actually one of my favourites. It sits there on our tiny porch spreading some happiness, every time we go in or out of the house. Reminding me abaout growing things - yes, they do actually exist. This reminder costed me 100,- NOK. It is absolutely worth it - brightening up these too cold and too dark days.

So whatever people say about it not lasting. Sure, is won't last for ever, but yes - I think you can buy happiness.
My kind of fall colour happiness tastes like violet lollipop, eaten in cold weather. The taste spreading in the air with my breath, coming out like magic fall fog


No comments:

Post a Comment