Friday, January 13, 2012

Cold ears and leftover christmas tea

It felt like I never was going to get home. I pushed the stroller in front of me. Heaps of snow on the ground and the unbelievably hard wind made it nearly impossible to move the way I wanted to go.

Forty minutes earlier I had left the house to get some butter and milk at the grocery store a couple of kilometres from home. Happy it was snowy white outside and only one minus degree celsius in the air, I wore only a thin woollen jacket, gloves and a knitted hat - the temperature was perfect. I barley noticed the black clouds covering the sky behind our house.

When I finally got home again I felt like I had attended the hardest workout class, ever. I'm convinced the wind blew straight through my body the 30 minutes I spent in the very local snow storm, going home from the store. My ears were freezing cold when I got home - the rest of the body covered in ice cold sweat. It really felt like magic that the house was wind-proof. Atlas, amazingly, slept through it all.

Some left over christmas tea did the trick. It tasted like heaven and slowly thawed my body. Two hours later I now feel a bit more alive and am astonished that the weather outside, suddenly, is perfect again.


No comments:

Post a Comment