Monday, November 28, 2011

Stolen time and christmas taste

I've had time. Or rather, stolen time, to do those things. Watch the burning lights of the first sunday in advent, drink mulled wine, eat ginger snaps, smile to friends and hang that beautiful silver angel in the window.

The taste of almonds and ginger snaps has filled the afternoons lately, together with wrapping presents and finishing christmas calendars. I feel I've really, truly tasted the first days of christmas - chosen to taste them - enjoying the tastes, smells and music. Saving the every day joys and tastes for later - like for instance writing this blog.

And then, of course, I discovered that all the neighbours already put up their christmas lights (I forgot), and that most of my friends have eaten clementines for weeks (I didn't know they were any good yet). I suddenly felt a bit cheated. In the true spirit of christmas I decided to repress those thoughts and focused on this - my stolen christmas time and the taste of mulled wine, ginger snaps and almonds.



No comments:

Post a Comment