Monday, November 7, 2011

Coffee and embraces

Suddenly he fell asleep and I hurried to the kitchen to make myself some breakfast and to brew that ridiculously delicious, big cup of coffee. I never know for how long his morning naps will last, so I hurry to sit down with a slice of bread with smoked turkey and mayo. And then there is no more hurrying.

Coffee and I have a date each morning and we relax. All unsorted messy tasks of the day slowly get sorted and look simpler in my head. Coffee never made me more awake, but it does make me more excited about the tasks of the day. I would go as far as to say it makes me a bit "high" - more creative, positive and energetic.

A couple of weeks ago they announced on the news that according to a study (by some folks at Harvard School of Public Health. 50.000 women involved), women who drinks coffee are less depressed than women who don't. I really get that! Coffee is a drug, and a really good one. People ought to get prescriptions on it (in addition to not getting depressed, according to the study, people who drink it are less likely to get Parkinson's disease).

So, I pour myself yet another cup - write this last sentence, feel the tingling feeling of coffee getting to work in my brain, and start to long for my tiny, very adorable son to wake up and the rest of the day coming towards to embrace me.


No comments:

Post a Comment