Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Christmas mistress

Naughty, naughty girl! I've been doing stuff I'm absolutely not ought to do. The minor incident first. I was supposed to pack a bag for going away this weekend. I kind of forgot, well, postponed it, is more correct. I preferred spending some time with these words - love words, and, ahrmmm, a magazine. Yes. The magazine is not harmful in itself. It's actually very harmless and delicious. Both the layout and the lovely, tasteful food and wine described in it is just wonderful. The not so very minor incident was me reading this specific issue - in november.

I usually put off everything the day this magazine arrives in the mail (which happens every second month), but what I also usually does (and this is kind of a rule in my house), is not inviting Christmas in to my house, heart or mind until december has knocked on our door. It is because I want to preserve some of the Christmas magic. I keep thinking the magic will disappear if I enjoy Christmas too much, over too much time every year. Writing it down, I hear how silly it sounds. Why shouldn't I enjoy?

So, I opened this lovely december edition of my food and wine magazine, and I fell. I couldn't stop myself. I felt Christmas, heard Christmas, smelled, tasted and fully enjoyed Christmas. And do I feel naughty? - yes, I do. And do I feel I deserve all those fantastic Christmas feelings I had for thirty minutes? - yes I do. And will Santa cross me off his list this year? - no he won't, 'cause this is exactly the kind of naughty Santa likes - he actually encourages it. Christmas has a naughty little mistress and she will get all the presents on her wish list this year.

1 comment: