Saturday, November 12, 2011

Small pleasures

Again, it's one of those small pleasures that enters the limelight of my blog: Drinking coffee in the sun, a really cold fall day in Bergen. I enjoyed this moment today, with my sister who lives in the town that would have been the most beautiful in the world, if it just didn't rain as much as it does.

We bought our coffee (black for me, latte for my sister) in this tiny, just perfect café, situated in one of the narrow streets climbing the mountains that surrounds Bergen. The café is, as I said, tiny, and therefor always crowded, and since we also had a stroller with us, we decided to enjoy our hot beverages in the sun.

We leaned on a stone wall - trying to collect heat from the thrifty warming sun. Watching people pass us on the side-walk, going to or from their weekend plans. We talked about coffee, social life and enjoying it. The moment actually tasted like strawberries. It was just as natural, refreshing, clean and simple. When we'd finished our coffees is was just as natural to walk away from the moment. It was gone - the strawberries had been eaten and we felt just satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment