Thursday, November 3, 2011

A slice of birthday cake

Birthdays are still magic to me. I always wake up, birthday morning, feeling like I'm the queen of the day and that the world therefor evolves around me. Selfish, yes, but really efficient when it comes to enjoying the day.

There was no exception when i turned thirty a couple of days ago. I was really looking forward to the day. Exited about exploring the feeling of having thirty attached to me. Was I going to feel too old, young, too unaccomplished, or empowered, depressed, very grown? As I went from being twenty-something, to thirty, I'm a bit surprised to say, I actually felt more defined. Like I left that undefined "something" in "twenty-something" behind, and suddenly existed, more definitely.

The day turned out as good as it could, after a night with only three ours sleep (because of a sudden insomnia attack on my son). I got presents from my wish list, enjoyed good food and coffee and spent time with people I love. It tasted like a slice of birthday cake. Layered and just as magic and sweet. Leaving you wanting more and feeling just a little sleepy because of the sugar rush. And just for the record: I'm still the queen of the magic day, the first of november.

No comments:

Post a Comment