Thursday, November 17, 2011

Wrapping and marshmallows

Christmas is getting closer, and I'm happy to announce that a lot of friends and relatives are celebrating their birthday every fall. They give me an excellent opportunity to practise my wrapping skills and come up with ideas for The Christmas Wrapping of the Year (yes, I do not kid you).

A couple of days before christmas I lock my self in a room with loads of floor space, take a thermos with coffee with me and spend the whole day sitting on the floor, wrapping delicious presents. This is really one of the best things with christmas - buying or making gifts and wrapping them. Simply love it.

I always choose a theme. One year all presents were put in brown paper bags with hay working as ribbon, attached with a red seal. Another year I used gingerbread men as gift tags, tied with red ribbon to wrapping paper made of the boring looking business section of the newspaper. Another year I used leather and hide as paper, tied together with black or white silk ribbon.

Wrapping gifts tastes like grilled marshmallows - sweet. In addition it takes time to make them, but you really enjoy the result. It's also really tiresome when you're making a lot of them - and you get kind of sick of it in the end, but still you kind of love it.

The planning phase is probably the thing I enjoy the most, so even though I have plenty of friends and relatives to wrap presents to before christmas - if you're stuck and need ideas for your christmas wrapping this year, just ask. It's marshmallow-time!




No comments:

Post a Comment